- 1.1 We are FINDS WORLD LIMITED (referred to as “we”, “us” and “FINDS WORLD”) and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use any applications for mobile devices published by FINDS WORLD from time to time and any associated social networking profiles (together the “App”), as we may publish and operate from time to time or communicating electronically with us.
- 1.3 This policy (together with the Terms and Conditions which can be found on the “small print” link located at the top of the App) explains what types of personal and non-personal information we collect when you use the App and the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
- 1.4 Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By disclosing your personal information to us by using the App, speaking to us over the telephone you consent to the collection, storage and processing of your personal information as stated in this policy.
- 1.5 FINDS WORLD uses the personal information we collect from you to provide our service to you. We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any other company for its own marketing purposes without your consent except where mentioned in this policy.
- 1.6 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is FINDS WORLD LIMITED of 86 Langthorne Street, London, United Kingdom, SW6 6JX which is registered with the ICO with registered number [ ].
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) if you register as a user of the App, you will be asked to complete a form which will require you to provide some or all of your name and email address
- (b) if you make an Order for Goods, you will be required to provide your credit and debit card details along with your address and delivery details (if different). FINDS WORLD will not receive this information;
- (c) when you contact us by email or telephone or through any contact form provided on the App, we may ask you to provide some or all of the information set out in paragraphs (a) and (b) above;
- (d) we may collect, store and use information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the App and your visits to and use of the App (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, App navigation and search terms that you use);
- (e) in order to improve your experience in using the App, we may store information relating to your previous browsing habits and purchases in order to select and suggest Goods that may be of interest to you; and
- (f) if you access the App through a social networking profile, we may collect, store and use the details of that social networking profile and any information contained therein in order to populate any forms you might wish to complete on the App.
- 2.2 We may also ask you to complete surveys and give feedback that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
3. HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- 3.1 We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) to manage and administer the App;
- (b) to improve your browsing experience by personalising the App;
- (c) to enable you to use the App;
- (d) to enable Stores to deliver Goods to you and to handle returns and refunds;
- (e) to send you newsletters and other relevant and targeted promotional communications;
- (f) to deal with enquiries, complaints and feedback from you and our service providers;
- (g) to provide third parties with statistical anonymised information about our users;
- (h) to send you emails offering you to take part in a survey and/or give feedback; and
- (i) to analyse and improve the services offered on the App.
4. WHEN MIGHT WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- 4.1 Except to the extent required by any applicable law or governmental or judicial body, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party other than to a Store from whom you have purchased Goods or a service provider to whom we are required to disclose personal information in order for them to provide their services to us.
- 4.2 Please note that Stores will maintain a record of your transactions with them and may also maintain a record of your credit or debit card details. We use reasonable endeavours to procure that Stores with whom we work are compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the PCI DSS standards relating to the collection, storage and processing of credit card information. We are not responsible for any breach of any such legislation or standards by any Store.
5. NEWSLETTERS AND OTHER PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
If you wish to subscribe to any newsletter published by us or wish to receive other targeted and relevant promotional communications from us or other carefully chosen affiliates, we offer you the option to “opt-in” to this service. If you change your mind and wish to stop receiving any such communications, you may opt out under the settings tab in the App.
- 6.1 Cookies are text files stored, either on a temporary or persistent basis on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking and maintaining specific information about the use and users of the App.
- 6.2 The data collected by cookies is anonymous. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer’s hard drive by searching for files with “cookie” in it and deleting them. In addition, if you want to stop cookies from being stored on your computer, you can edit your browser settings so that cookies are blocked. Unfortunately, if you block cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of the App. For more information about cookies, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
- 6.3 Web beacons consist of a small string of software code that represents a graphic image request on a page or email. There may or may not be a visible graphic image associated with the web beacon and often the image is designed to blend into the background of a page or email. Web beacons can be used for many purposes – including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising auditing and reporting, and personalization. Web beacons used by www.finds.world collect only anonymous data.
- 6.4 In order to improve the App and the services we offer you, we may use (temporary and persistent) cookies, authorized third parties cookies, web beacons and/or other technologies to collect non-personally identifiable data. This non-personally identifiable data helps us to track browsing behavior, to create specific or tailor-made offers or advertisements, and to monitor and record the visits and use of the App.
- 6.5 In order to understand how people use the App and for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes, we (and/or third party service providers) may collect, record, process and use on an anonymous basis certain information (including the total number of transactions, viewed pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of mouse clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the search words you use while being on and using the App.
7. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 7.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
- 7.3 We take the security of your personal data very seriously. In particular we use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through the App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY APPS
9. YOUR RIGHTS
The Act gives you the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.